I get this question a lot. I mean, obviously, or I wouldn’t be writing a post about it.
Let me start by saying that it almost doesn’t matter what you do with the photos, because SO MUCH OF THIS—I mean, like, 95% of this--- is about the EXPERIENCE and not the product. You WILL LOVE the photos; you have my word on that. But it’s so much more about giving yourself permission to feel hot. Doing something that makes you feel beautiful. Seeing yourself in a different way. And allowing yourself to believe that you are a sexy, desirable being. We all deserve to feel this way, and boudoir photography is an amazing way to achieve that.
“Okay, Jodi. Enough with the philosophy. WTF do I do with these pictures?”
Just a few ideas:
DISCLAIMER: I’ve been pretty transparent about how open I am about sexuality on this blog. This post is no different. If you have kids, read this after they go to bed. And remember: If you’re having sex, you should be talking about sex. One of these ideas seem intriguing to you but think your partner would never go for it? Just ask. I bet you’ll be surprised. Okay, here we go. (S.O.= Significant Other)
1. Make an album.
- Keep it in the nightstand.
- Leave it on the bed with rose petals and candles to get your S.O. excited about a night of passion.
- Let your S.O. look at your album while you please them in what ever way you choose.
- Traveling? Leave the album on the nightstand with a note suggesting that your S.O. use the book as eye candy to masturbate while you’re away.
- Make an Album Date with yourself—an monthly date with yourself during which you drink some bubbly, give yourself a mani-pedi and flip through those pages to remind yourself what a fox you are.
- Tell your S.O. to pick which photo is their favorite. Ask why. Get into that pose and start foreplay from there.
2. Make prints.
- Have some cute, retro 4x6’s made to stick in birthday, Christmas, anniversary, valentine’s cards.
- Leave a trail of prints leading to the bedroom from the door. Be lying on the bed wearing something you wore during your session, ready for fun.
- Is your S.O. going on a trip without you? Pack some prints in their suitcase to discover when they unpack.
-Frame them! There are lots of places you could put framed photos like these. In your bedroom, your master bath, your closet. If it's an abstract shot, the hallway.
-Mail them to your S.O., even if you live together.
3. Have a canvas made.
4. Make a locket or put a photo in a pocket watch.
5. Have the photo etched into a bracelet, money clip or tie clip.
6. MAKE A CUSTOM VIEW MASTER WITH JODI ;) ;) ;)
7. Have a sketch made of one of the photos.
8. Make your S.O.'s cell phone wallpaper one of your photos.
9. Text them to your S.O. when they least expect it.
10. Show your friends to convince them that they need to do a session, too. ;)
11. Hang one where you get ready to remind yourself how hot you are.
12. Keep a few in your purse just for fun and the occasional confidence boost.
13. Feeling brave? Use one as your IG or Facebook profile pic. (We always do a few G-Rated shots : ) )
14. Feeling even braver? Use one as your Tinder profile pic.
So there ya have it! Loads of things you can do with your photos, but with some wine and ingenuity, I bet we could come up with more.
I reiterate, though, this is SO MUCH MORE about the experience than it is the final product. You're going to love the way you look and feel after this session, and you're going to want to pull these photos out to look at them all the freakin time.
Don't forget to love on yourself a little today.